Reflection, Introspection, and Thinking Ahead
- Thinking back to your experiences first year and so far this year, is K meeting your expectations? How have your expectations for the future changed?
- What do you care most about accomplishing during sophomore year?
- What experiences do you want to “try on” this year?
- How are you changing as a student/learner?
- What have you learned about yourself since you’ve been at K?
- How do the things you’ve done (in and out of the classroom) connect?
- What do you care deeply about? What are you interested in? What are you good at?
- What do you want to know and be able to do?
- What don’t you want to do? What subjects are you avoiding? How will that impact you?
- What had you never heard of before K that you are aware of now?
- You are required to declare a major in winter term. What major are you considering? Have you looked at the requirements?
- Are you getting to know your professors? Utilizing office hours?
- What is your favorite class this quarter? What do you find most compelling about it?
- Have you faced any academic challenges this quarter?
- What is your plan for fulfilling the sophomore seminar requirement?
- What is your plan for fulfilling the language requirement?
- Have you considered adding PE or music to your schedule?
- Do you plan to change to an advisor in your major? Change of Advisor forms are available in the Registrar’s Office.
- What do you think is your biggest strength? Biggest weakness? How can your K-Plan build on your strengths and help you address your weaknesses?
- What are your plans for study abroad/study away? What are your academic/linguistic/intercultural goals? How much effort are you willing to invest in the study abroad process? Are you concerned about any hurdles for you to participate in study abroad/away?
- What challenges do you expect to encounter while studying abroad/away or staying on campus?
- How are you engaged internationally and interculturally?
- What have you learned through your experiences inside and outside of the classroom that confirms your choice of major?
- What courses will you take outside your major that will support it?
- What does breadth mean to you? How will you achieve breadth?
Campus Life and Co-curricular Activities
- What are you involved with besides course work?
- What are you doing for fun?
- Have you faced any challenges with time management, procrastination, roommates, relationships, etc.?
Life Outside of and After K
- What do you want to do with your life? Who might be a helpful mentor as you think long term?
- How will you use your summer to learn about yourself and the world of work?
- If you will be working during the break, have you met with a CCPD career counselor to strategize about the skills and competencies you can develop through your job?
- Are you considering an internship, externship, or K-Trek?
- What do you see yourself doing after K? How might your potential study abroad/away experience impact your ability to pursue your life after K or be integrated into your field of study? What skills and competencies relevant to life after K can you develop while you are abroad/away?