Advising Lunches (or online Teams conversations) are held quarterly during 3rd week during common time (session runs from 11:00-11:45). All advisors and interested faculty or staff are invited to attend. We also hold an annual Advising Practicum in fall before the start of new student orientation. Specific topics will be announced at the beginning of each quarter on the Advising website and campus calendar. All advisor development and trainings focus on pertinent and relevant information related specifically to advising, in an interactive environment with plenty of opportunity to hear from colleagues.
A list of recent topics is provided below. If you would like more information about the session or copies of the materials, please contact Lesley Clinard.
- Advising Our Student-Athletes and for the PE Requirement (Fall 2023)
- FAQs: Frequent Advisor Questions (+ other common confusions and peculiarities…) (2023 Practicum)
- Planting the Seeds: Tips and Tricks for Serving as a Reference (Spring 2023)
- What can I do with this major? Fielding career-related questions in advising appointments. (Winter 2023)
- Demystifying the Language Requirement and Languages at K (Fall 2022)
- Supporting Our Students When They Struggle: Early Alert and Other Campus Resources (2022 Practicum)
- When in Doubt, Ask the Registrar (Spring 2022)
- Advising for Student Success: How Fellowships are a Piece of the Puzzle (Winter 2022)
- Five Things Advisors Should Know about the Learning Commons (Fall 2021)
- Navigating Advising for the Health Professions (Spring 2021)
- Helping Students Tell Their K Story: Advisor Tools from CCPD (Winter 2021)
- Advising Students Interested in Pre-Med/Careers in Health: Things You Need to Know (Winter 2020)
- Advising Students Interested in STEM: New Things You Need to Know (Fall 2019)
- K Study Abroad and Away: Who Goes, Who Stays, and How Advisors Can Support ALL Students (2019 Practicum)