Skip to main content
Reflection, Introspection, and Thinking Ahead
- What do you care most about accomplishing during your junior year?
- What experiences do you want to “try on” this year?
- What do you want to know and be able to do by the time you leave K? Are there skills you’d still like to acquire?
- How are you changing as a student/learner?
- What have you learned about yourself since you’ve been at K?
- What do you care deeply about? What are you interested in? What are you good at?
- Have your interests changed or been fine-tuned as a result of study abroad/away, classes you have taken, or through other experiences? How?
- Did your study abroad/away experience match your expectations? How?
- Do you know exactly where you are with major and degree requirements? Check your Progress/degree audit in Student Planning.
- What are your preliminary SIP plans? Have you met with your department about SIP requirements/timelines?
- What is your favorite class this quarter? What do you find most compelling about it?
- Have you faced any academic challenges this quarter?
- Have you considered adding PE or music to your schedule?
- What is your plan for fulfilling the senior seminar requirement? (thinking ahead to senior year)
- Do you plan to change to an advisor in your major? Change of Advisor forms are available in the Registrar’s Office.
- What do you think is your biggest strength? Biggest weakness? How can your K-Plan build on your strengths and help you address your weaknesses?
- What courses have you taken outside your major that support it? Are there other areas you would like to explore?
- What does breadth mean to you? How will you achieve breadth?
- How has your study abroad/away experience been integrated into your field of study? What skills and competencies did you develop while abroad/away?
- How are you engaged internationally and interculturally?
Campus Life and Co-curricular Activities
- What are you involved with besides course work?
- What are you doing for fun?
- Have you faced any challenges with time management, procrastination, roommates, relationships, etc.?
Life Outside of and After K
- How will you use your summer to gain relevant experience? Are you considering an internship?
- If you will be working during the break, have you met with a CCPD career counselor to strategize about the skills and competencies you can develop through your job?
- How is your K education preparing you for life after K?
- What relationships are you developing with others in your field(s) of interest? Who might be a helpful mentor as you think long term?